Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sunset Memory

I was able to go outside and spend some time with the kids...I spent some time with John swinging on the tree swing...he loves looking up at the sky and swinging..he loved the fact that the leaves were all changing.

We did that and then I was able to just watch them play. It was cool out and the sun was beginning to set..there was a magic to the sunset today....and in the magic of that sunset... when the suns brilliance was shining and dancing across the blades of grass...reflecting on the skin and hair of my children..casting shadows that followed and chased them around the yard while they laughed and played. In the magnificence of that moment... time seemed to stand still...and all the worries..all the fears..all the unknowns seemed to disappear.  In that brief moment it was almost as if I granted the gift of seeing through a veil of all the things that hold me back and caught a glimpse into the joy of what what is...the simple joys you can't put a price on. The magic of today's sunset is one I shall never forget....it will forever be engraved in my heart and spirit...because at that moment "my heart took a picture." 


~This is an old post...my kids are all about 5 years older.......but one of my favorite memories. Posted it before Blogger had its glitch and it was erased....so re posting

No comments:

Post a Comment